For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tater & Me

Today my husband and I went to see the movie, Marley and Me. I read the book a few years back and was anxious to see the movie. The story took the viewer through the life of a wonderful, cantankerous dog and his family. As I watched this crazy vivacious movie dog, my thoughts drifted home to our dog, Tater.

When I walk in the door from work, Tater greets me with his “I’m so happy you are home” dance, wagging and jumping until I stop and pet him and let him know I’m happy to be home too. Every time Tater needs to go “outside”, Tim asks him if he wants to walk. Barking, jumping and a wildly wagging tale result. Instead of letting this gyrating dog frustrate us, we see that the joy in Tater bubbles up and bounces out.


I find myself wishing I were more like Tater. I want to jump and dance and appreciate the simple joy of life in Christ. Psalm 68:3 says “But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.” From his words I know that God planted his joy in my soul! Is there a better reason to rejoice every day?

No comments:

Post a Comment