For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Peace

James 3:17-18
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.


What does the word peace mean to you? I enjoy a peaceful day. One that is uneventful and goes along as expected. I want my home to be peaceful. I struggle with conflict and prefer everyone get along. I want quiet instead of noise. Those are all examples of external peace. And it's oh so important to be a peacemaker. But the most crucial and sometimes hardest to accomplish peace is the kind that only Jesus can pour in my heart an internal, tranquil calm. This harmony with God brings an internal serenity like nothing else I've experienced.

As I prepare for the Christmas season, life’s already hectic pace picks up. At times I am overwhelmed with all I need to accomplish. That’s when I chase after Jesus' peace more than ever. I grab a moment of quiet and let his calm envelop me. Time in his word, time in prayer, and just time to sit and listen to God all restore my peace. Then I can share that peace with others. As the busyness of the Christmas season begins, I pray that God’s peace brings you calm and rest. Praise God for peacemakers.


Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

No comments:

Post a Comment