For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 28, 2014

I'd Dance If I Could

Old Clock by George Hodan
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens
a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.

Some days are so filled with joy that I want to dance. On Tuesday, we welcomed a sweet granddaughter into the family. I don’t know how other grandparents feel, but for me the birth of a baby never fails to make my heart flip-flop. I am so amazed at God’s creation that I have trouble putting into words the joy that bubbles up and overflows. The tiny little toes, stretching hands, little lamb voice, unblemished face and turned up nose, even a dimple, and her sweet, pure soul reflect the beauty of God’s love. When I held her close she smelled new, like fresh rain.

Even as I rejoiced over the birth of my granddaughter, a dear friend was letting go of someone she loved. The circle of life. Although my friend knew her loved one was joining Jesus in heaven, she mourned the loss of this precious soul. Ecclesiastes tells us that there’s a time for everything. A time to mourn, a time to dance, a time to weep, and a time to laugh. God knows the best time for everything. 

Praise God for the miracle called life, and the time to rejoice in his love.



No comments:

Post a Comment