For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sunshine and Cool Breezes


Lamentations 3:22-26
Because of the
 Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
    to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
    for the salvation of the Lord.

Some mornings when I get out of bed, I drag myself to the shower and dread even stepping outside. I want to crawl back into my comfortable cocoon and let the day drift by.  Thank goodness, today was different. This morning I took my dog, Olive, outside for a short walk. When I opened the door, sunshine and a cool breeze greeted me good morning. It was like the Lord said, “Hello, it’s good to see you. I’m so glad that I made you. Let’s have a great day.”

That’s the kind of reminder that I need to show me that God loves me. He’s with me on the days that I drag and he’s with me on the days that are beautiful. I love that the author of Lamentations reminds me that the Lord’s compassion for me is new every morning. He never gets tired of me. He wants me to pursue him every day and keep my hope in him. Praise God for his continuous love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment