For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Everything Will be Okay


Philemon 1:7
Your love has given me great joy and encouragement,
 because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.


A few years ago my daughter snapped a photo of my granddaughter sitting on the ground beside my great-niece. They were probably about 3 and 4 years old, my niece’s head is down and my granddaughter’s hand is resting on her arm. I imagine her saying, “Everything will be okay, I love you.” No questions asked, just a show of comfort and support.

Isn’t that how God calls me to live my life? To encourage rather than make fun of, to lift up not put down people who need help or assurance. Recently, I’ve run into situations that I find disturbing. I have to ask myself why people think that it is okay to throw others under the bus (figuratively speaking) or lash out when all the person needs may be an explanation or some direction. Paul thanks Philemon for refreshing his heart. I want to be the person who restores others and offers assistance. I am fortunate to have many people in my world who love and lift me up. This week join me in sharing the joy of Jesus and refresh others’ hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment