For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, May 11, 2012

Thanks, Mom


Proverbs 24:32a
I applied my heart to what I observed
    and learned a lesson from what I saw…

With Mother’s Day around the corner, I’ve been thinking about what I’ve learned from my mom. Time and again I’d find her reading a book. She enjoyed reading and learning. Often, I found books in my Easter basket or in gift boxes under the Christmas tree. I thank Mom for sharing her love of reading. In my teen years, I realized that my mom was an artist. We had paint, brushes, yarn, fabric, just about anything I needed to learn crafts and art. Thanks, Mom for giving me the creative bug.

The most valuable gift that my mom showed me was Jesus. As a young adult, I attended a Bible study that my mom taught. Her love for Jesus and enthusiasm for the Bible encouraged me to seek him more. Mom modeled reading, shared arts and crafts, and gave me opportunity to grow as a child of God. I learned and applied to my heart what I observed. Thanks, Mom for your love. Happy Mother’s Day!

I thank God for the women who encourage, pray, and share their love for God. Whether a mother or daughter, you are valued and appreciated. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment