For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, December 23, 2011

Prince of Peace

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, 

   to us a son is given, 
   and the government will be on his shoulders. 
And he will be called 
   Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

Every day I am thankful for God’s faithfulness. When I wake up in the morning, I know that God greets me with his arms of love. As I journey through my day, he travels beside me. When I lay down at night he watches over me and wishes me a good rest.

God was faithful to keep the promise he spoke through Isaiah. He sent his son, the Prince of Peace to live as we live. His birth in that manger near Bethlehem, under the stars, surrounded by shepherds and angels marked the beginning of Christ’s reign and his inevitable sacrifice. As I celebrate Christmas, I am reminded of God’s faithfulness and my responsibility as his follower to produce a faith-filled life. Praise God for the gift of Jesus.

Happy Christmas!

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

No comments:

Post a Comment