For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Heart Light

2 Corinthians 4:6

For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

When I was about 13 or 14 years old my brother, Darryl, climbed the pine tree in the front yard and filled it with Christmas lights. Please understand that this tree stood about three stories tall. Somehow he shimmied to the top and strung the bulbs all up and down the branches. I am thinking that my brother, Ron, and my dad probably helped him. What a beautiful sight, when those lights blazed. Drivers could see that tree from two roads away.

Every Christmas Tim and I drive through the local neighborhoods to see the lights. I love the warm glow and the cheerfulness they bring to celebrating Jesus. Yet, with all of the lights shimmering outside, the most incredible light that I experience is the light that shines in my heart from the grace that God gives me. The grace that he pours over me is the most beloved gift I will ever receive. This Christmas I want Jesus light to shine and his grace to flow. Praise God for his light!

No comments:

Post a Comment