For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, December 31, 2010

Begin Again

Proverbs 15:30
Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart, 
   and good news gives health to the bones.

I grew up reading and watching the Peanuts cartoons. Lucy frustrated me, I felt bad for Charlie Brown and Snoopy, well he was just funny. But my very favorite character of all is Linus. He may have carried a blanket and been a bit insecure, but he had a way of bringing to light the great philosophies of life.

For Christmas this year, Maggie gave me a cup with Linus and his blanket on the front; inside the cup is written, “Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket.” I love that. I have often said, “every day I get up and start again”. The good news is, Jesus gives me the forgiveness and grace to start again, every day. Each day, I can begin again through prayer and repentance. As I begin this New Year, I praise God for his message of salvation and love and the opportunity to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment