For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Home

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23
In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2

My granddaughter, Dylan, often calls me and invites me to her home. It goes something like this, “Hi Baabaw, can you come to my house today?” Sometimes I answer yes, but many times I have to say no because of others things I am doing. When I do stop by to see her, she throws open her arms and runs to me smiling and saying, “Baabaw, you are here!” She wraps her arms around me and I receive a big hug and kiss. I love that she is so excited to see me.

God has built a home for us in heaven and he wants each of us to meet him there. I can just imagine that his eyes are dancing with delight each time a son or daughter comes home and that he flings open his arms ready to wrap them in a hug. God loves us and wants us in his home where he has prepared rooms for all his children.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I've never been able to post a comment here. I think I finally figured it out.

    Anyhoo, thanks Penny for your lovely thoughts. I always enjoy reading them. I particularly love the image this one brings to mind. Nothing is more precious than the excitement of a child. To think that we will experience that amazing, trusting, joyous reception when we enter heaven is more than we can comprehend at this moment.

    But...I can only imagine how marvelous it will be.

    ReplyDelete