For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Follow God's Heart

Psalm 84:4-5
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.
Selah
Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

As I watched my new grandson's birth this week, emotion flooded me like water pouring through a busted dam. In awe of the way God created life, I realized how blessed I was to stand in his presence. As Zeke took his first tiny breaths and peeked out at his new surroundings, I prayed over him that he would follow God's heart. I pray that for all of our grandbabies.

Whether life brings joy or sadness, love or grief; dwelling at God's feet brings strength and comfort. As we journey on our pilgrimage through life, seek the one who's path is straight, whose love is unconditional, whose joy is complete. Praise God for his blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment