For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Creation

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

This week while I was recouperating from surgery, I worked on some craft projects. One of them was a wall hanging I'd made several years ago in pastel colors that I no longer liked. A few years ago in an art class the teacher told me "if you don't like the fabric piece you've made, paint it." So I did. I used bright reds and blues and transformed the piece into one I will enjoy. As a bonus, the paint revealed patterns in the fabric that did not show up before.

The process reminded me of what God does with us when he makes us a new creation. He casts aside the old parts we no longer like and creates a new vibrant person excited about his word and his kingdom. As a bonus, his recreation reveals our hidden talents and gifts that we can embrace for him. Whether you have been a christian for years or you are still learning about Christ, God has a plan for you and wants to use you as his new creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment