For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, July 17, 2009

Breath

Psalm 150:6Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Take a deep breath, hold your breath, breath in…out. The average person (at rest) breaths 12-20 breaths per minute. Most of the time, we don’t think about breathing, we just do it. I just went through deviated septum surgery, and I can tell you that I spent several days wishing I could just breath. When the doctor took the packing out, I felt the air move into my nose and let me tell you, I was praising God.

Each day we breath in and out the life that God provides. No matter what we are doing, through the good and bad, the trials, errors and joys, God gives us life through his breath. Imagine when God created Adam, he blew that one necessary breath of life into his lungs and he found it to be good. Praise God for life and for the blessings he provides. Seriously, stop right now…take a deep breath and praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment