For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, April 3, 2009

Prayer

Ephesians 6: 18-19
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. 19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel

A few years ago after my Grammy passed away, several of us (family members) went to her apartment to clean out her belongings. At 92, Grammy had whittled her possessions down to what she needed and what she enjoyed. As we moved from room to room and sifted through baskets, drawers and containers, we discovered something that brought tears, comfort and joy. All over the apartment we found snippets of paper with a prayer request and a name written by her hand. Grammy was a PRAY-ER. She spent much of her day reading the Bible, playing her piano and praying. There were prayers for our physical health, our spiritual being and many other needs. Knowing she prayed for me continues to fill me with peace.

I love people who pray and so does God. He desires so much to hear from his children. Opportunity after opportunity, God opens the communication line and waits to hear from us. He even gave us the Holy Spirit to help us when we can’t find the words. What a joy to know that our Father is just a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment