For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reading Jesus

"Jesus loves me this I know" begins a favorite childrens' hymn. How wonderful to know that our Savior loves us and understands us. Being raised in the church, I knew Jesus died for our sins and resurrected to save us. But for many years, I did not realize Jesus could be my friend, that he understood me as a person.

We often tend to put Jesus on a pedestal instead of putting him in our heart. Everyday that we walk with Jesus is another day we can get to know him. I love to read about Jesus in the New Testament. I approach the reading as I would any other book. I'm not trying to understand the history or pick apart the meaning. I'm just reading. I learn so much about Jesus as a person and this draws me closer to him.

I praise God for the joy of knowing Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment