For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, July 8, 2016

The Rock

Psalm 9:9-10
The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
 Those who know your name trust in you,
    for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.

As I got out of the car, I noticed the dark clouds looming. I'd heard on the radio that a thunderstorm was heading my way. Just after I ducked into a store to shop for bargains, the rain burst from the clouds while lightning and thunder ripped the sky. I was content to be in the shelter of the store as the downpour let loose.


As we live on this old earth, we face a lot of storms. Personal, spiritual, global. So many negative occurrences happen every day. Bad news, sad events, troubling times. Sometimes I want to crawl in bed and cover my head. But I can't. I have to live in the world. But, instead of hiding in my bed, I find shelter in my God. He's the true refuge, the secure harbor, the safe place to rest my heart. God is the safe haven in the midst of distress. Praise God for always being the rock in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment