For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, January 26, 2013

He Guides My Path


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart

    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight. (NIV)

Some years ago, before GPS systems were popular, my work sent me to a class in downtown Cincinnati. Not used to city driving, I prepared by printing a map. As I maneuvered through exits and streets, I glanced at the map a few times. Unfortunately I did not read the directions correctly and ended up heading toward the west side of town. I hate to admit it, but I panicked and pulled into the V that forms when two roads split off. Not knowing what to do, I called my husband. Bless his heart, he answered his phone, calmed me down and redirected me to the original destination.

So many times in my life, I’ve failed to read the directions that God has given me. I dart this way and that and don’t make sense of life. Most of the time my misdirection comes because I’m not searching out the map that he’s prepared for me. Then I stop and park myself in the middle of my mess and acknowledge his will for my life. God’s given me his book that’s far better than any map and he encourages me to communicate with him. All I need to do is trust in him and he will direct me and help me along life’s path. Praise God for his all knowing and ever helpful guidance. 

How has God shown guidance to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment