For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gotta' Love the Holy Spirit



1 Corinthians 2:10-13
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.

Working in the college library, a hodgepodge of ideas, beliefs, and philosophies cross my desk every day. Much like the people of Corinth, the students seek answers to life’s “big” questions, along with research for assignments. Knowledge and wisdom reach a high level of value. They become the ruler that beliefs are measured against. As a writer, I strive to use words and ideas to the best of my ability and pen truth based on my measuring stick, the Bible.

As a follower of Jesus, God blessed me with the Holy Spirit who works in me and helps me understand the Bible. There are spirits of the world that want to confuse me. They throw out convoluted ideas and promises that oppose God’s word. Thank goodness the Holy Spirit clarifies the chaos and guides me straight to God. All I need to do is pay attention and listen. Praise God for the Spirit who speaks his truth. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for the written Word and the Spirit within. It's good to have a compass in the storms of life.

    ReplyDelete