For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow white

Psalm 51:7, 10-12
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; 
   wash me, and I will be whiter than snow… 
Create in me a pure heart, O God, 
   and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 
Do not cast me from your presence 
   or take your Holy Spirit from me. 
Restore to me the joy of your salvation 
   and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.



Living in southern Ohio in the winter, usually means at least one snowstorm that blankets the fields with pure white glistening snow. As I drove to work one morning after a midnight storm, the pure white fields flanked either side of the road. With no wind, the still snow lay quiet. The sun glinted off each individual flake creating a sparkling quilt.


A few days before the snow, that same field looked dull and dirty. Brown grass drooped over bare ground. I couldn’t help but think about my own life and the way God has covered me with his grace and made me whiter than snow. He promises that if I seek him in prayer and ask forgiveness for sin, that he will pour his love over me and create in me a renewed spirit. God not only covers our sin, he promises to remove it through Jesus. Trust God to cleanse your soul and restore your joy.  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, Penny. Thanks for taking the time to hear from God and for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Teresa. I must admit, I do love snow. I just find it so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete