For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Timothy's Faith

2 Timothy 1: 3-5
I thank God, whom I serve... as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Paul wrote these words to Timothy, the young preacher he mentored and encouraged. Through Timothy, Paul saw the faith that the young man learned through his mother and grandmother. Growing up, I remember visiting my grammy and seeing the evidence of her faith. She read her Bible often and prayed for all of us every day. My mom taught Bible study classes for women and still enjoys learning about God. Fortunately, I saw my mother and grandmother's faith and grew my own from the roots they propogated.

As Mother's Day is celebrated this year, stop and think of the women who make a difference in your life and who show their faith. As a mother and grandmother, I hope that I can encourage my children and grandchildren to love Jesus and embrace him as their Lord.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment