For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, November 27, 2009

Plans

Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Around the holidays, I tend to make lists and plans for gift buying, baking, hosting, and visiting and on it goes. So much to do and so many plans often take away from the joy that could be mine. So, over the years I've learned to whittle down my list making, simplify my gift buying and baking and learned to say no when I cannot do something. I enjoy Christmas and remembering the birth of Jesus so much more.

Even the simplest plans we make need to be committed to the Lord. This year I prayed about the gifts I wanted to give to individuals and I have a peace in my heart about what we have chosen for each person. In preparing for the Christmas season, lift up all you do to God. Seek his face as you celebrate the season of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment