For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Favorites?

Acts 10:34-35

34Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Earlier in Acts 10, Peter had a vision from God that encouraged him to eat foods he had never been allowed to eat. Through this and a discussion with a man named Cornelius we learn that God wants all people to hear the truth about Jesus and to have a personal relationship with him. God has no favorites, he loves you whether you are rich, poor, tall, short, peaceful or full of vinegar (as my grammy used to say).

Yesterday for work, I dressed up for Halloween. This is just something we do for fun. I dressed as a hippy, not a far cry for me some days. But I wore a tye-dyed t-shirt, jeans, lots of beads and a crocheted hat. After work, I went to a store. I didn't think anything about being dressed a bit different, but I noticed people giving me funny looks. I guess they thought I had gone back to the 70s or that I was just a bit--looney. That made me think about how I view people. Do I look at them through my eyes or God's eyes? He loves all of us and created all of us. He wants all of us to know peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment