For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Clean Heart

Hebrews 10:21-23
22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Today I plan to clean out my closets and take whatever is still useful to the Goodwill.
I love the feeling I have when I am finished and everything looks neat again and I know all the "junk" is gone.

When I turn all the "junk" in my heart over to God, I find peace. If we move toward God with sincere motive and humility and empty our heart into his hands, He sifts through and keeps the beautiful, useful parts and plants them back inside us. Allow the Holy Spirit to work in your life by offering up all that you are to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment