For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, June 12, 2009

Storms

Psalm 107:28-30
Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he brought them out of their distress. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven.

Our dog, Tater, is totally terrified of storms. One morning this week as the lightning flashed and the thunder echoed, he hung at my feet while I tried to get ready for work (a little awkward in the bathroom). Later when we returned home, the storm passed and Tater rested in the calm. Then, about bedtime the lighting and thunder struck again. Tater jumped on the bed, and he shuddered and shook as if he were freezing. Tim and I comforted him as best we could and assured him the storm would pass.

In life we experience storms of many kinds, some from physical suffering, others from emotional and spiritual situations. God offers peace, comfort and hope through all of our storms when we seek his help. He doesn’t promise that they will not come. But he does give hope, guidance and grace.

I like the song Casting Crowns sings, the words remind me that God is with me through every thunderclap. “... every tear I've cried You hold in your hand- You never left my side, and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment