For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Bible

Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love books. My daughter Sara and I can sit in the bookstore for hours. At work I am the "keeper of the books", I order them, catalog them, repair them, etc. With all the books I see everyday and all the books I want to read, there is one that fills me with joy everytime I pick it up.

The Bible is filled with amazing stories and imagery, adventures, wisdom, mystery, poetry, parables, advice, directions for living, and so much more. God created, through his people, the most important and fascinating book ever written. I used to see reading the Bible as drudgery, something I had to do to be a christian, thinking I needed to understand every word I read. That changed when I decided to just "read" the Bible like I read other books. Now when I am reading, if I do have a question, I write it down and then seek an answer after I finish reading.

Praise God for his Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment