For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jesus Faithfulness

Matthew 3:13-17
13Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14But John tried to deter him, saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?"
15Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented.
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

I love that Jesus, in all of his perfection, still wanted to follow God's direction. Jesus didn't need to be baptized, he never sinned, yet he wanted to follow God's plan for his people. How much more important is it for us to follow God's plan? We need his grace and mercy, as the Bible says, all people sin and can fall away, but their is always hope through Christ. I praise God everyday for his grace and forgiveness and the hope we have in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment