For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Let the Trees Sing

1 Chronicles 16:33-34
Let the trees of the forest sing,
    let them sing for joy before the Lord,
    for he comes to judge the earth.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

Several times this week I've notice how beautiful the autumn skies are. One afternoon white wispy clouds floated against an azure blue sky. Walking into work I've been greeted by majestic pinks, reds, and dark blues painted behind the shadow of trees as morning wakes. Yesterday evening orange streaked across navy blue as the sun went to sleep for the day.

God is the most amazing artist. Just looking at his creation brings joy to my soul. I'm thankful for the natural world around me. Not a day goes by without me noticing something God has created. Walking out of work yesterday, I spotted holly bushes, with the crimson berries hiding among the waxy green leaves. Beautiful!

As Thanksgiving approaches I want to share some of my thankful moments. I would be remiss if I didn't include the wonder of nature and the artistry of the Creator.

I'm thankful for the changing seasons, the woods, the lakes and ponds, the ocean, the incredible array of flowers, the trees, the animals; all of the amazing life that exists around me. Praise God for all he's made.

No comments:

Post a Comment