For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wait for It...

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait patiently.

Small tan chapel
When I got home from work, I was all set to write a devotion about the beauty of the changing seasons. I opened my computer and prepared to search for a scripture. I popped open Google Chrome to get to Bible Gateway and lo and behold, I had no signal. No wi-fi, no anything. I tried reconnecting and rebooting. Nothing. Let me say this, I thought about taking a walk before I settled in with the laptop. I probably should have but I saw a window of quiet time where I could get a little bit of writing done. I wanted to write and post this devotion and a book review that's due tomorrow. Instead I called the cable company, who couldn't help me over the phone, and scheduled an appointment with them for Saturday morning.

Two things in this world try my patience more than anything else, a car problem or a technology issue. I like my laptop, I have access to so much through the internet. But, when the connection doesn't work, I'm frustrated. I enjoy posting on my blog and on Facebook. I like being connected to friends and family. What I don't like is trying to be patient when my resources stop working. But I've learned from a young age that one of the fruits I'm supposed to produce as a follower of Jesus is patience. At times I struggle. Yet, I still try. For now I'm going to close the lid on my laptop, enjoy the beautiful weather and work on my patience. Praise God for his patience with me.

What tries your patience? I shared mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment