For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lack Wisdom?

James 1:5-7
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 

Each day on my way to work, I pass the senior living apartments that sits at the bottom of the hill. A small pond with a spraying fountain enhances the property. As I drove by one morning my thoughts ran to the fountain of wisdom that must be living in those homes. My grammy shared her wise words with me on many occasions, just as my mom shares with my daughters and me. It's a travesty when young people don't take the time to listen to grandparents, great-aunts and uncles, or any experienced person  in their lives.

When I read the scripture, I see that God values wisdom. James tells me if I want wise thoughts, ideas, words-- ask God. As a faithful believer, I know God answers me and shares with me what I need to know. I don't know how many times I've sought out God for wise words to give my children, and he's answered. Believe me, if not for Him I would flounder. Each week as I write these devotions, I pray for God's guidance and many times when He's given me words, someone contacts me and tells me I wrote just what they need. That's all God not me. As a follower of Jesus, be bold and ask with confidence for wisdom. God will provide. Praise God for his wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment