For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, January 2, 2015

Faith Replaces Logic

Psalm 74:16-17
The day is yours, and yours also the night;
    you established the sun and moon.
It was you who set all the boundaries of the earth;
    you made both summer and winter.

Spring flowers bloom, summer grass grows, autumn leaves color the trees. Then there’s winter. The season of quiet, cold, ice, snow, did I mention quiet. January brings a sense of serenity after a flurried season of celebration. I don’t know how your holidays are, but mine are blessed with lots of people and activities. As much as I love the busy, fun holiday, I cherish the month of January. And yes, I like winter. The solitude, the silvery snow, colder temperatures, but mostly the time to think. In winter I ponder my relationship with God, my goals, life with family and friends.

God created seasons for nature to roll through just as he gave us seasons in life. Age wise, I’m probably in my autumn years. Logically, these are the days when wisdom wins over daring. But, where God is concerned, faith replaces the logic and I’m willing to step out and follow my Father’s lead. I don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but I do listen for what God has in store for me. This is the year of listening and following. Where he leads I’ll go in faith.

What are you doing this year?  

No comments:

Post a Comment