For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Don't Worry, Trust God

Matthew 6:28-34
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Every July I’m delighted by the flowers in the fields. God sprinkles black-eyed Susans, chicory, Queen Anne’s Lace, and orange tiger lilies along the roadways and in the fields.He dresses them up for summer with blooms wrapped in splendor. The rainbow of petals reminds me that God meets my needs. If he cares that much about the flowers, he cares even more for his people.

Yet some days I find myself drowning in worry? Why? Satan wants me to doubt God and his generous spirit. He wants me to take on the burden of worry so that I’ll no longer trust the Lord. But, worry empties joy from the day and steals peace. And it’s exhausting. Instead I choose to trust God, who time and again has met every need. Today I celebrate my 57th year of life. I have much to be thankful for, a wonderful husband, beautiful family, a church I enjoy, great friends, a good job, but most of all a Savior who loves me more than I can imagine. Praise God for his love and care.

1 comment:

  1. I missed your Birthday! Hope it was happy and brought you much joy and fulfillment . May this be your best year, yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete