For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Enter His Gates with Thanksgiving

Psalm 100:3-5
Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving                                             
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

When my daughters were young we had the Gaither’s album, I Am a Promise. On the recording a child recited Psalm 100:3-5. Every time I read this verse, I hear the sweet treble of this little one’s voice reminding me that God created me. He calls me his sheep. He owns every creature he created. He is good and his love will go on forever. He’s always faithful. And I am so thankful.

Everything I have comes from God. I own nothing, yet I’m blessed with so much. As I head into this week when we celebrate Thanksgiving, I am reminded once again how much God loves me. I pray you have a blessed week as we celebrate our freedom as a nation and appreciate that we can gather and be with loved ones. I also pray for those who can’t be home, whether serving in the military, missionaries, people working or simply unable to be with loved ones. God bless you all.

If you’d like to, share what you are thankful for. I’d love to hear from you.

Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

  1. There are some THINGS I'm thankful for, of course--but really, it all comes down to people--family and friends who are loved and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay! Now you've got me singing "I am a promise, I am a posibility, I am a promisewith a capital P." That is just what I truly needed heading to the Turkey Crusade! Blessed to meet you this morning! WHen can we share over coffee or tea? Diet Coke? You name it. Molly D.

    ReplyDelete