For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, April 20, 2012

Inside Out


Proverbs 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart, 

   for everything you do flows from it. 

For years I sewed my own clothes and many for my children. When I made an article of clothing, I followed guidelines. After I pinned the pattern on the fabric and cut out the pieces, the construction started. The pattern pieces were fastened with the wrong sides together. Seams were finished and curves clipped. The stitched hem draped and the sleeves fit in place. In order for the outside to look finished, the inside required the most attention to detail.

God created me from the inside out. He molded my heart before he formed my skin because, he knew that no matter what I looked like on the outside, I needed to be whole on the inside. Like the pattern, the pieces needed to fit. He had a plan for me and it started in my heart. The proverb tells me to guard my heart from the evil in the world that can make my spirit hard and uncaring.  Hillsong sings a song, From the Inside Out and they ask God to take control of the inside and out. I pray that God do the same for me, love me from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment