For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, April 16, 2010

Trees

I Corinthians 12:4-6

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

On my drive home the other day, I noticed two trees entwined, one held petals of pale pink, the other bright white blossoms. I thought how wonderful it was that the two trees, so very different on the outside, could stand side by side with their branches crisscrossing, showing the beauty of creation.

Like the trees, God made each of us individual, with our own fingerprint and DNA. He gave us similarities, yet made each of us different. As a follower of Jesus and a member of his church, I have an opportunity and a calling to allow God’s plan to bloom in me. He created me with a purpose and gifts, through prayer and Bible study I seek his will and follow his path. Side by side I stand with other believers declaring the glory of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment