When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
‘Twas the week before Christmas and all through the town, not a person was smiling, their faces in frowns… How sad to see people hustling and bustling, preparing for a celebration without knowing the joy that Christ brings.
Luke tells us that at the birth of Christ, the shepherds went out immediately and told the neighbors that Jesus was born. They celebrated his birth by sharing good news to anyone who heard them. As this week before Christmas unfolds, here are my Top Ten ways to celebrate our Saviors birth.
1. With joy-filled hearts wish others a Merry Christmas
2. Pray for the person for whom you are wrapping a gift
3. Send greeting cards that express the joy of Jesus birth either through the card itself or your own words
4. As you stand in line with other shoppers, be patient (ok this one is for me)
5. Listen to Christmas music that reminds you why we celebrate the season
6. If you make baked goods or candy, make enough to share with a neighbor, then visit with them for a while (thanks to our pastor Kris for this one, I did it and enjoyed talking with our older neighbor the other day)
7. Spend time with the people you love
8. Be kind to the people who get on your nerves (you know we all have to work on this one)
9. Read to the children, your own or someone elses-they would love to hear the story of the birth of Christ
10. Last of all, worship the Lord and praise him, He is the reason we celebrate!