For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Rock


Isaiah 26: 3-4
You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
    for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

On my drive to work, I enjoy the season’s transformation to fall. Green leaves turn golden, scarlet and orange. The sky’s brilliant blue with wisps of autumn clouds, create a beautiful background for the new color palette. Cooler temperatures bring relief from the heat of summer and the occasional rain sounds soothing as it beats on the roof. The changes of fall bring me joy.

As much as I love the variation of the seasons, I am not a fan of too much change. Quite often, I adjust my day to fit the need. Sometimes I don’t want change, but I know it’s necessary. Other days, I find myself frustrated by the adjustments I have to make. As much as change aggravates me, I know for sure that one person stays the same. God never varies. His word remains steadfast, full of truth. Jesus and the Holy Spirit do not waver. I trust God to always be my rock, the one I pray to, the one who has my back and holds my life in his hands. Life circumstances change, God never does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment