For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Daily


1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
Now about your love for one another
 we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other. And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Every day I wake up and start out with the same routine, as most people do. Monday through Friday, I prepare myself to go to work. At work I clock in, check email, look at my list of things that I want to accomplish, find out what my boss wants me to do, redirect what I thought I might be doing and then get started.  I do this so that I might win the respect of those I work for. 1 Thessalonians 4 remains one of my favorite scriptures. I appreciate that Paul gives us a hint of what the life of a Jesus follower should look like.

God made me to work with my hands. I am fortunate that he’s given me the ability to create beautiful things as well as author writings. He gives each of us gifts and strengths and asks that we use them and do it in a humble manner, that we might gain respect from others. The reason~~~so that the people around us will see Jesus. No matter what I do or how I spend my day, I want to reflect my savior and his love. I want to be like him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment