For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Saturday, September 11, 2010

To Seek Wisdom

James 3:17
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

I attended my first MOPS (Mothers of preschoolers) meeting this week. My daughter, Maggie, invited me to be the “Mentor Mom”. That is a seasoned, experienced older mom who survived and thrived while raising children (that’s my definition). I asked the group leader what the Mentor Mom should do at the meetings and she told me that the young moms appreciate hearing the wisdom gleaned from years of experience.

Wow, God wanted me to pass wisdom along to these young ladies as they grew their children. I have to say this was a bit daunting. I prayed for God to show me what I needed to share. As always, God directed me to the scripture. As I read James 3:17, I fell in love with what it said. To seek wisdom and know that it is from God, measure it against this; “is the wisdom pure, peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” What a gift to know God’s checklist for wisdom. Anytime I make a decision I can look at this and decide if the wisdom is God-given or Penny-given. Praise God for his wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment