For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —Romans 15:4

Friday, January 22, 2010

Radiant Glory

Ezekiel 43:1

I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory.

My daughter lives in the mountains of South Carolina surrounded by greening trees, clear flowing waterfalls and fresh clean air. Recently I received an email from her, with a photo of a sunrise she snapped that spoke of the glory of God. When the sun burst over the valley, she said “As I was watching, it was hurting my eyes but I couldn’t look away. I thought this must be kind of what it is like to stand in the glory of God! So beautiful you have to look at it, even if it hurts.”

Ezekiel experienced the glory of the Lord in a vision that took him to a mountain in Israel. Like Ezekiel, Hannah experienced a land “radiant with his glory.” Perhaps a glimpse of heaven or a reaffirmation of God’s power and majesty, either way God shows himself to us to remind us of his love and hope. Praise God for the times we see him face to face and witness his glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment